The Master of Arts in German and European Studies (MAGES) program in the Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University is actively recruiting for its Fall 2022 entering class.
MAGES is a professional, interdisciplinary MA program that offers students with strong foreign language skills and a deep affinity for Europe the opportunity to craft unique thematic or regional concentrations for their graduate studies. Our graduates pursue a wide variety of careers in the government, non-governmental and non-profit organizations, and the private sector. For students or recent graduates from your department who have interests in transatlantic relations and international affairs, this program could be an ideal complement to their bachelor’s studies at Ruhr-Universität Bochum.
(Note that despite the degree’s name, German language skills are not a requirement of the program. Competence in any European language other than English is a qualification for the program.)
We are also pleased to announce the Flynn Memorial Scholarship, a full tuition scholarship that will be awarded to one student in the incoming MAGES class for the full two years of the program. This scholarship is named for Gregory Flynn, one of the founding faculty members of the BMW Center for German and European Studies. We are reaching out to you with the hope that you will nominate a promising candidate for this prestigious award.
Please use this link to submit your nomination by October 20, 2021.
Applicants are not required to submit additional materials to be considered, but must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Submit a complete application by the application deadline: January 15, 2022. Individuals who apply to the program on or before December 1, 2021, will have their application fee refunded.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree by the date they matriculate at Georgetown
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Have studied at least one European language other than English
The recipient of the Flynn Memorial Scholarship will be selected by a committee based on the criteria below.
- Potential for academic performance
- Demonstrated commitment to the study of Europe (academic & professional)
- Internship/Work/Program experience relevant to Europe
If you have questions about the scholarship or the MAGES program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.